Wednesday, September 19, 2012

C is for Cat... and chalk board painted walls!

 The past week and a half has been a total whirlwind of emotions.  Some very sad things have happened to friends we love very much, and it has been hard to digest the reality of what has happened.  None the less, life goes on.  On the lighter side, we added a new cat to our family. His name is Dmitri and he wears princess dresses without shame. So therefore, he is perfect. Only, he is terribly lazy. We picked him out of 8 different cats we had narrowed down to, and he was a perfect blend of sweet and playful. Well. He is beyond sweet but the playfulness has been trumped with constant napping.
 I have been on a bit of a painting spree. I painted a dresser, a clock and I turned a wall into a chalk board.  It was a little bit ominous painting this wall pitch black, but my only regret is that we didn't do this ages ago! 
 This chalkboard wall has added so much life to our living room. I have loved the idea of chalkboard paint for a while, but I was so afraid of black.  Then, as we began homeschooling this year, I felt like I desperately needed a chalkboard. Only, we have no real room for a nice sized one. And so I finally went and bought the paint, outlined a large rectangle space with painters tape, and painted my wall pitch black.  After the 24-hour wait period, not a moment was wasted and everyone joined in the drawing fun! Even Daddy added a castle which inspired our letter "C" mural.  Our living room has not been used as much as it should, but we are slowly turning it into a rather lovely school room, especially with our new canvas.
We have been well and the girls love school thus far. Even Kieran asks every morning to do "cool".   And Kieran likes to nap anyplace but his own bed.  Apparently hard plastic bins are more comfortable than toddler beds. Anastasia wants to be an artist and a mom when she grows up.  Isabel doesn't want to grow up. She wants to stay with me forever. I am beyond blessed. :)

No comments: